Friday, September 5, 2014

Mini Review: Ghostbusters

162. Ghostbusters
This is going to be really short. I only feel the need to write a lot about the rereleases I see if I either have something new to add to the conversation, or if the theatrical viewing experience made an especially strong impression on me (as was the case with "Spartacus").

I'm not what you would call a "fan" of the "Ghostbusters" franchise in its film, television, or videogame incarnations. I'd seen the original once, several years ago, but that's as far as my exposure goes. This mitigates most of the appeal that comes with seeing the film upon rerelease. There wasn't anything in the way of nostalgia for me to experience. Instead I had a reasonably good time watching a reasonably funny movie whose standout feature was a good performance by Bill Murray.

There are several films I've seen over and over again where half the fun becomes waiting for your favorite lines and quoting them to other fans any time the film comes up in conversation. I know that is something many fans of this film experience, but it was not a factor for me. I enjoyed the film, but wouldn't place it on a pedestal.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment