Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5 Weekly Preview

This is a very minor week for new releases. Only two films are coming out in wide release, along with one smaller release, and a few more foreign films (which I won't mention here because I'm not 100% sure I'll get to them).

The Identical- I'm very skeptical about this one. It seems to be about a boy, separated from his twin at birth, who grows up to look just like a famous musician (unbeknownst to him, the twin). They've gone so overboard with making the characters look like Elvis that I thought it was a biopic for the first several seconds of the trailer. When I realized it wasn't an Elvis biopic, I assumed it was still a biopic, but for a lesser known musician I wasn't familiar with. Nope. Turns out it's completely made up.

The Trip to Italy- I saw the trailer for this once, but don't recall it very clearly. I'm assuming it's at least in part about a person or persons going on a trip to Italy. I'm going out on a limb there, I know. It does star Steve Coogan, who was very good in "Philomena", so I am somewhat intrigued.

Innocence- I don't know? Might be a cross between horror and a girls' young adult book?

No comments:

Post a Comment