Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12 Weekly Preview

There is no way I'm going to make it to all the movies coming out this week. Including several foreign films, there are nine different movies making their debuts in local theatres. While I'm sure to make it to a few of them, the wider release films I'm certain to see are:

The Drop- I've seen the trailer for this several times, but fortunately it doesn't seem to give away tons of information about the plot's direction. It's a crime themed film and, if I had to guess, more of the brooding variety than a full out thriller.

Dolphin Tale 2- I haven't seen the original and my expectations for this are not high. I just really wish Morgan Freeman was stretching himself with more interesting projects instead of picking up the easy paychecks for stuff like this. I say this from a place of love. He has incredible range. He just needs to show it off more.

No Good Deed- Seems to be your typical home invasion thriller. Could go either way.

Love is Strange- About a gay couple played by John Lithgow and Alfred Molina. Not sure if it's a comedy, a drama, or a dramedy. After his turn in the fourth season of "Dexter", I'll watch Lithgow in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment