Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30 Weekly Preview

This is a pretty slow week, with only two major releases, and no new smaller films opening. The "classics" offering for the week is "Raiders of the Lost Ark". I don't know if I'll end up going to it--it depends what my schedule looks like on the days it is showing. I really like the film, but I saw it when it was a part of the "classics series" last year, and therefore don't feel as much of a need to get to it this time.

A Million Ways to Die in the West- A comedy. I've heard some not-so-great things about it, saying that it goes on too long and beats some jokes to death. My guess is that I'll find it somewhat funny, but think it could've been better.

Maleficent- I've seen a few trailers, but they still don't give a clear idea of the approach the film is taking to its retelling or "reimagining" of the Disney Sleeping Beauty story. That might be a good thing, since learning the approach while watching the film could add to the sense of discovery. I'll predict that it will be reasonably good, but that's just a shot it the dark. I really don't know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment