Friday, August 22, 2014

August 22 Weekly Preview

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For- Should be a fun, highly stylized film, much like its predecessor. It probably won't be quite as notable since the stylistic elements in the first film were "new" then and, being the first in the series, they were able to pick some of the more notable and well regarded storylines from the series. The new film is a combination of existing stories from the comics and some written for the screen.

When the Game Stands Tall- The ads I've seen don't make this seem like it will be any more than the typical sports "true story" that changes the truth in order to tug harder on the heartstrings. If it plays it subtle, things could work out alright, but if it too blatantly tries to be emotionally manipulative, I'll mentally check out.

If I Stay- I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that the film's concept is enough to carry an entire movie, so my expectations are low. I am hoping for a good leading performance as Chloe Grace Moretz has experience being the only good thing in a not so good movie (last year's "Carrie" remake).

No comments:

Post a Comment