Friday, August 29, 2014

August 29 Weekly Preview

There are only three movies opening in wide release this week (and they're the only ones I'm previewing here), but there are also several foreign films that will be available at a local theatre. I'm sure I'll check out some of them--just not sure which ones.

The November Man- I've seen the trailer a few times. I'm hoping for a fun, if forgettable action flick. I enjoy Pierce Brosnan's work, as he frequently has the charm to elevate the material he's given. Let's hope he manages to do so here.

As Above, So Below- The first time I saw this film's trailer, it really did manage to scare me. The feeling of claustrophobia it created was palpable and incredibly unsettling. Subsequent viewings of the trailer haven't been as impactful, but I hope the film manages to have moments of sustained dread that the initial viewing of the trailer promised. I've enjoyed most of the horror films I've seen this year, but with none of them has the horror followed me home. Could this be the first?

Ghostbusters- This is getting a one week re-release in theatres. I've seen it once several years ago. Like most of the rereleases I see this year, I probably won't give it a very long write up.

No comments:

Post a Comment