Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review: Dirty Dancing

116. Dirty Dancing
As per usual for the older films I see, I don't have that much I feel I need to say. I'd never seen the film before, but enjoyed it, certainly more than I did "Saturday Night Fever" last week. The story may have been more predictable, but it was also easier to get into. I wasn't enraptured, but it was a diverting way to spend an hour and a half. The dance choreography was good and, I thought, was also filmed in a more engaging manner.

One thing that struck me while watching the film (and it will mean nothing to almost anyone other than myself) is that it was clearly an inspiration for some aspects of "High School Muscial 2". There was one scene in particular where I thought some of the dialogue was even very similar.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. It was a fun way to kill some time, but didn't make enough of an impression on me to get an extended review like "Spartacus" did.

No comments:

Post a Comment