Friday, June 20, 2014

June 20 Weekly Preview

In addition to the films listed below, I also need to see "How to Train Your Dragon 2" from last week's list. I'm planning to see it with a friend who wasn't available last weekend. Another Indian movie is also coming out, but I'm going to skip it. Again, an extended run time is what's scaring me off, especially since the film is a comedy and I'm not in the mood for a 160 minute comedy. I'll also probably skip the "classics" screenings of "The Godfather" and "The Godfather Part II". I think they're the two greatest films ever made, but I've already seen them on the big screen (on a bigger screen than they'll be on this time, in fact), and the time commitment would be significant.

Think Like a Man Too- A Las-Vegas set comedy. It will either be funny or really dumb.

Jersey Boys- Clint Eastwood's latest film as director, and the first since the incredibly disappointing (and mind-numbingly boring) "J. Edgar". Typically I'm a fan of Eastwood's work as both an actor and a director. I don't think this is destined to be one of his best films, but I'm hoping for at least an entertaining couple of hours.

The Rover- Looks like a possibly post-apocalyptic film set in Australia, though I'm not sure. I think it will either strike a chord with me and I'll find it really intriguing, or it won't and I'll find it boring.

Ida- I know almost nothing about this film. I think it might be a foreign film. Something about Jews in Poland, maybe? I'll find out.



















Think Like a Man Too, Jersey Boys, The Rover, Ida

No comments:

Post a Comment